ant-user mailing list archives

From Olivier SCHMITT <>
Subject Re: Task missing method ? Write an ant project to disk ?
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:59:30 GMT

>Olivier SCHMITT wrote:
>>i'm currently building a Java IDE with ant support.
>Either you're really really good do not like any of the open-source IDE's
>enough to extend them to your tastes (NetBeans, Eclipse, jEdit) or you're

I'am not insane ! :o))) This ide is a demo to show my java skills. I'am
unemployed ... :o(((((
Anyway, Netbeans and Eclipse are too slow even on a good pc ( i own a P3
1Ghz 256 Mo)

>This is a reasonable first approximation, but its still not good
>enough.   You need to follow the rules that IntrospectionHelper uses to
>get the real picture of which attributes to show.  And how are you going
>to deal with sub-elements, such as datatypes or task-custom ones?  Also,
>the proposal/xdocs generated information is aiming towards having metadata
>available to such IDE's so that they can get a clear picture of what Ant
>supports or not - there are setters in some cases that are not documented
>and are not designed to be used from a build file, but introspection finds
>them as if they are attributes.  Be very careful here - and please
>leverage the proposal/xdocs information.

Thank you. InstropectionHelper was a great help !

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message