ant-user mailing list archives

From Olivier SCHMITT <oschm...@free.fr>
Subject Task missing method ? Write an ant project to disk ?
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:35:49 GMT
hi,
i'm currently building a Java IDE with ant support.
1) Is it a way to create an ant project object and write it to disk in XML
format ?
2) I have choosen a JTree to represent an ant project structure.
there are project node, target node, task node and finally property node.
I select set methods for each task and display the value of the task field
for the corresponding set method. I use java.lang.reflect package to get
all task methods and select some.
this a simple way to display all parameters for a given task and set or get
them
For example :
task : org.apache.tools.ant.task.Mkdir
the mkdir class has this method :
public void setDir(File aDir)
so i display the property Dir and make an attempt to get the value with
getDir() but Mkdir has no getDir() method !
the dir field in it is private !!! So i can't create a daughter class !
I must create a new task class, copy the code of Mkdir and add getDir()
method.What do you think ?