ant-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Carlin" <car...@spawar.navy.mil>
Subject Difficulties with the Ant javadoc task
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:58:20 GMT
I am having difficulty getting the Ant javadoc task to work as
desired.  Consider the simple example below.

I have the following files and directories:

build.xml
/build
/docs
/src/mike/CompositeIcon.java
/src/mike/IntVector.java
/src/mike/TextIcon.java
/src/mike/doc-files/CompositeIcon-1.gif
/src/mike/doc-files/CompositeIcon-2.gif

The Javadoc comments in the file CompositeIcon.java reference the GIF files
in the doc-files subdirectory.

I want to configure the build.xml file to generate Javadocs for all source
files except for TextIcon.java.

My build.xml file includes the following target:

    <target name="docs" depends="prepare">
       <javadoc packagenames="mike.*" destdir="docs" source="1.4">
          <fileset dir="src">
             <include name="**/*.java"/>
             <exclude name="mike/TextIcon.java"/>
          </fileset>
       </javadoc>
    </target>

When I run this, Ant creates the Javadocs for all the source files except
TextIcon.java and puts them in the docs directory as desired, but it does
not copy the doc-files directory over to the docs directory.  Thus the
question is, how do I modify the target so that the doc-files directory is
copied over to the docs directory while still excluding TextIcon.java?

Mike Carlin