ant-user mailing list archives

From joel feraud <joel.fer...@france.sun.com>
Subject Re: Can't get linkoffline to work with <javadoc> task
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:39:39 GMT
Hi Jacob and All,

I finally found where was my mistake, but I believe this revealed a possible RFE for Ant <javadoc>
task in order to help diagnose such mistakes:

What happened was that my packagelistLoc path was simply wrong. The problem with Ant <javadoc>
task is that apparently in such a case it silently ignore the links option and DOES NOT PASS
IT to javadoc itself (as shown by ant -verbose). So I got no error message.

I discovered the problem by invoking directly javadoc itself, in order to check if as you
suggested javadoc was broken. It is not broken: at the first invocation I immediatly got an
error message: "Error reading /my/wrong/path/to/package-list". I fixed the path and everything
worked fine!

Could it be and RFE to improve Ant <javadoc> task error reporting in such a case?

Thanks,
Joel