ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Properties are causing problem in 1.5
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 05:21:50 GMT
Hello all,

I'm working with nested properties in some custom tasks. The property
"ea_survivalVar" is supposed to get set and then the the task "beta" is
supposed to pick up its value. (See below)

These work fine in 1.4.1 but now I get problems when I try to use 1.5.

Now in Ant 1.5 the property "ea_survivalVar" is not available to the
beta task. Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

<target name="error_analysis">
    <batch iterations="5" name="ea">
       <property name="ea_survivalVar" value="0.015"/>
       <beta name="ea_survivalMean" mean="0.98" std="${ea_survivalVar}"/>
       <antcall target="pva"/>
    </batch>
</target>

the batch tag is really simple it is just a TaskContainer that performs
its nested tasks a specific number of times:

         if (name != null) {
             if (iterations <= 0) {
                 throw new BuildException("You must specify the number
of iterations ( > 0 )",location);
             }
         }

         for(int i = 0 ; i < iterations ; i++){
             project.setProperty(name, Integer.toString(i));
             for (Enumeration e = nestedTasks.elements();
e.hasMoreElements();) {
                 Task nestedTask = (Task)e.nextElement();
                 nestedTask.maybeConfigure();
                 nestedTask.perform();
             }
         }