ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Jar task, manifest files and CRLF
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:35:56 GMT
Jay Yarbrough wrote:

> It would appear that ANT is opening the file, adding the "Created-By" line and closing
the file in the current OS (Win32), and in the process assumes I want the ^M's put back in
the file.

The manifest code uses CRLF as an end of line marker. This does not depend
on the platform in use. It means that jars generated by Ant are consistent
across platforms. This combination is allowed by the specification.

> Manifest-Version: 1.0^M
> Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5.1beta1^M
> Class-Path: servercore.jar quantapi.jar^M
> Class-Path: olympuscore.jar^M
>
> Is there a way to keep Ant from doing this, so I can create a jar with the appropriate
manifest?

What is inappropriate about a manifest with ^M characters?

Conor