ant-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Tyler <gordon.ty...@sitraka.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5 and Intellij/IDEA
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:31:21 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> To use Ant 1.5 I just copy in ant.jar and optional.jar to IDEA's lib
> directory and Ant 1.5 is then "installed".

The current EAP versions of IDEA already have Ant 1.5, if I'm not mistaken.

> As for double-clicking build errors - I have mixed results with that.
> Sometimes it works for me, other times it does not.  I still have not

I've never had a problem with that in the EAP builds. Perhaps it is
buggy in the 2.6 version?

> gotten IDEA to be perfect with Ant, but it does a very nice job overall.
>  I still fight with classpath issues and end up having to put my IDEA
> project classpath into my Ant classpath (the checkbox on the Ant
> settings) - but that can lead to command-line builds breaking if folks
> are not careful.  Anyone have any advice on IDEA/Ant classpath and how
> they work with it to get things working well?

Again, I've never had problems with this. I just make sure that my Ant
build works correctly from commandline and then I adjust my IDEA
project's list of jars so that it's syntax checking and indexing stuff
works. I never actually use IDEA's build system. I always use an Ant
target. I have my two main targets assigned to keyboard shortcuts (I
think this is new in the EAP builds, not available in 2.6).

Ciao,
Gordon