ant-user mailing list archives

From M <martin.sille...@prnewswire.co.uk>
Subject Re: calling tasks per directory?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:07:43 GMT
Thanks tons Matt, the example worked a treat.

Must go home now, it's late here.

Dominique Devienne wrote:

> Great example Matt! Just be aware Martin that calling 100 times a target
> using <antcall> (that's what <foreach> does internally) is very memory
> intensive (basically, it duplicates the Ant Project for each <antcall>), and
> a few people have run into trouble with OutOfMemoryErrors... Forking tasks
> like <javac> is usually a good idea in this case, as <javac> is notorious
> for not releasing resources properly otherwise. Just a heads up! --DD
>
> PS: Scan the mailing lists for recent posts about
>     'foreach' and 'outofmemory'.

Cheers for the heads up, I'm aware of the problem that's why I'm getting
scripts to compile them and not leaving it to tomcat.
Leaking memory in you webserver's not such a great thing.
Supprised sun's not fixed this as a top priority, still it's enterprise
stuff and we've gig's of memory in our enterprise servers...

--
Regards,

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065
F  +44 (0)1865 78 5100
W  www.prnewswire.eu.com
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of PR Newswire Europe. The e-mail
contents are intended only for addressee and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
this communication and notify the sender.