ant-user mailing list archives

From M <martin.sille...@prnewswire.co.uk>
Subject calling tasks per directory?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:15:51 GMT
Hi,

Requirements:
1/ Compile all java files in a directory tree
2/ Call the compiler per directory

The reason for the second requirement is we're compiling jsp to java and
when you call javac with arguments:
javac foo/main_jsp.java bar/main_jsp.java foo/bar/main_jsp.java

You get the error "duplicate class: org.apache.jsp.main_jsp"

Am I right in deducing from the list ant can't do this, as a feature?

If it helps its:
ant 1.5, java 1.4.0, tomcat 4.1.10

PS.
I'm not looking to script with a static list of the 100 or so
directories which may change at the whim of the web team.

--
Regards,

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065
F  +44 (0)1865 78 5100
W  www.prnewswire.eu.com
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of PR Newswire Europe. The e-mail
contents are intended only for addressee and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
this communication and notify the sender.