ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: pdf version of ant user manual
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:10:35 GMT
I generated Appendix E from Ant's source code and XDoclet.  The main
piece of this is in Ant's CVS under proposal/xdocs which uses XDoclet to
build XML files describing every task.  I then had a small bit of custom
(not in Ant's CVS) build file stuff that did a <concat> and <xslt> into
a very very large HTML file (that was the best way to get the document
into Microsoft Word sadly).

So, nothing hidden or magic about it - although there were many long
nights of Javadoc fixups for Steve and I to get this to generate as
nicely as it did.

An outline - yeah a good idea, but there is also an Index at the back of
our book and part of my <xslt> was to put in the right tags to index
this appendix also!  :)

There is a good cross-reference document in Ant's own documentation
which groups the tasks into functional areas (thanks Diane!) - so refer
to that as an outline and then when you're coding, have Appendix E handy
to recall the specific attributes that no one in their right mind should
memorize fully :)

	Erik