ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: DTD?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:21:51 GMT
How do you validate things like this?

<taskdef name="xyz" classname="org.example.XyzTask"/>
<xyz someattribute="abc"/>

It really has to be a custom DTD for every build file, at least the ones
that incorporate third-party task definitions.

So, in practice a DTD is not that possible, but if you use
<antstructure> you can generate one and it might be good enough -
although I admittedly have never done this.  IDEA gives me enough XML
checking and auto-completion in build.xml files that I've not found a need.