ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: save the result of xslt into a variable ??
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:32:11 GMT

tran.huynh@fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to execute an XSL transformation
> and save the output into a variable or property so that we can use
> it later in the ANT script ?

Use xmlproperty, which loads the xml result as an xml file, or the load
the complete file (see the Ant manual for this task).

BTW, The xmlproperty task has a patch in Bugzilla that enables it to
give the  result of multiple tags like a,b,c.

Last but not least, in proposal/embed there is a drop-in enhancement to
Ant that makes it possible to load an XML file as DOM and get properties
from it using xpath syntax.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -