ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: taskdef class cannot be found
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:42:59 GMT
Michael Burke wrote:
> notice in the ant docs under the explanation for pathelement location
> it says location specifies a single file or directory relative to the
> project's base directory, so isn't it redundant to use "." as the
> location element? I would think in my case location should't be
> necessary at all since my task is relative to the base directory and the
> classname specified the relative path to it.

Actually it could be a relative or absolute directory or file.  I
personally only use absolute path names (for pathelement) - you might
find that a bit odd, but I use <property name="some.jar"
location="relative/path/to/some.jar"/> to turn JAR references into
absolute paths.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message