ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Burke <mbu...@bestweb.net>
Subject Re: taskdef class cannot be found
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:03:43 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Michael Burke wrote:
>
>> 5512 is my projects base directory (the directory where I'm starting
>> ant and has build.xml). I jar'ed the file should the classname now
>> point to ant/lib or is that unnecessary? Sorry for all the questions.
>

> No offense whatsoever intended, but this is really a Java classpath
> understanding issue, and really has nothing to do with Ant at this
> point.  Classpaths can contain directories or JAR files.  Directories
> denote the root of the package names.
>
> If 5512 is your projects base directory, then use ".":
>  <pathelement location="."/>
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

No offense taken. I changed pathelement location to "." and it worked. I
notice in the ant docs under the explanation for pathelement location
it says location specifies a single file or directory relative to the
project's base directory, so isn't it redundant to use "." as the
location element? I would think in my case location should't be
necessary at all since my task is relative to the base directory and the
classname specified the relative path to it.