ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: taskdef class cannot be found
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:39:42 GMT

Michael Burke wrote:

> Okay I made pathelement location=5512, the parent dir of
> com.wrox.ant.ExtractTldTask and ant still can't find it.
>
> <taskdef name="extractTld" classname="com.wrox.ant.ExtractTldTask">
>     <classpath>
>        <pathelement location="5512"/>
>     </classpath>
>   </taskdef>
> I'm perplexed.

And is 5512 relative to your projects base directory?  If not, then you
need a full path to it (i.e. see <property location="..."> variant perhaps).

Again, if ExtractTldTask has other dependencies, they need to be in that
classpath also.

If worse comes to worse, how about making a JAR of those classes and
dropping it into ANT_HOME/lib for easier troubleshooting - then you
won't have to define a classpath on <taskdef> for the time being until
you get it working initially.

	Erik