ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: taskdef class cannot be found
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:03:02 GMT
Michael Burke wrote:
> ExtractTldTask isn't in a jar file it's a class file in com.wrox.ant. I
> added a pathelement to the taskdef and got the same error message
>
>> <taskdef name="extractTld" classname="com.wrox.ant.ExtractTldTask">
>>      <classpath>
>>         <pathelement location="com.wrox.ant"/>
>>      </classpath>
>>    </taskdef>

the location should be the parent directory of where com lives.  For
example, if com/wrox/ant/ExtractTldTask.class lives in project directory
under 'classes', then put:

	<pathelement location="classes"/>

I think you're just missing something about how Java classpaths work,
but hopefully this will get you running.

	Erik