ant-user mailing list archives

From "Riffe, Melvin" <melvin.ri...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: include jpeg/gifs in a jar
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:05:24 GMT
Neil,

just a guess here as i've not done any applet development or heard of
condensity (i feel a googling coming on...)

using straight ant and the <jar> task, try compress="false".  this stores
the files without compressing them.  sounds like you're trying to access the
image files directly from the jar and they've been compressed.

again, this is just a guess... ;-)

Mel Riffe

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Oman [mailto:N.Oman@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 9:46 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: include jpeg/gifs in a jar

Hello,

I've written a few java applets and want to bundle them into a jar using ant
& condensity 2.0.

First of all I can't find a way that condensity will allow me to include
gifs and jpegs, build fails whatever I try.
Second of all if I don't use condensity, just ant, my gifs and jpegs get
"junked". They are either not recognised by the applet or only half of each
picture is loaded.
I have also tried bundling them all into a normal jar, and this has much the
same effect.

I tried this method with java 1.2beta, bundling all into one jar in several
java 1.1 applets a year ago and it worked fine, now I have java 1.4 and the
code is in java 1.2. My picture loader can load images from within a jar,
and the code is the same as that used a year ago.

Am I doing something terribly stupid? or is it not me at all?

Can somebody please help!
Kind Regards,
Neil Oman