ant-user mailing list archives

From "Riffe, Melvin" <melvin.ri...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: invoking ant from jsp on win2k
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:16:33 GMT
stefan,

please accept my apologies if i'm restating prior solutions or suggestions;
i haven't been following the mailing list for a couple of days...

can ant.bat be found on the Path?

i've ran into similar errors when ever my 'User Variables' weren't
/realized/.  meaning, they weren't filled in or updated.  try updating the
Path that is in 'System Variables' by adding %ANT_HOME%\bin.

again, if this has been suggested before, accept my apologies.

mel riffe

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Lipp [mailto:s.lipp@tallence.com]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 10:08 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: invoking ant from jsp on win2k

sorry for another post, but all previous solutions mentioned didn't work.

My case plain spoken:
Used API in jsp and tried to fire up ant with given path to build-file
which works all in a dos-box:
<%@ page import="org.apache.tools.ant.Project"%>
<%@ page import="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecTask"%>
<%@ page import="org.apache.tools.ant.types.Commandline"%>
<%
    Project project = new Project();
    ExecTask exec = new ExecTask();
    exec.setProject(project);
    exec.setExecutable("ant.bat");
    Commandline.Argument arg = exec.createArg();
    arg.setLine("-buildfile
    e:/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/webapps/vignette_dev/build.xml");
exec.execute();

%>

tomcat error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Execute failed: java.io.IOException:
CreateProcess: ant.bat -buildfile
e:/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/webapps/vignette_dev/build.xml error=2
What went wrong? Is it that f...ing windows? Does sombody has a solution?

thx

Stefan s.lipp@tallence.com