ant-user mailing list archives

From "Miguel Howard" <mig...@howards.org>
Subject Re: some ant tasks are more equal than others
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:49:06 GMT
Well, I looked at the ant-dev archive discussions on this topic. Most of
the activity was in July 2002. There was previously activity in the fall
of 2001 as well.
Frankly, it looks like there was a lot of mud being slung, but not too
many bricks being made.
As best I can tell, ant2 *will* allow target-less tasks ... but there
seemed to be some hard feelings on the issue.
Thanks again for your help.

Michael

> --- mth <mth@mth.com> wrote:
>> I have only been using ant for a couple of weeks. I was unsuccessful
>> in locating this information in the mailing list archives.
>
> Did you try ant-dev? There should be lots and lots of hits there on
> this topic -- not only does it go back to nearly day-one of Ant, but it
> also recently had a revival that I think lasted for a couple of weeks
> (may have just been a couple of days that -seemed- like a couple of
> weeks :)
>
> In any case, (it sounds like) you'll be happy to know the "all" rather
> than the "nothing" side won (ie., all tasks can be children of
> <project>).
>
> Diane
>

> =====
> (holtdl@yahoo.com)

Miguel Howard                   miguel@howards.org
c/Peña Primera 11-13 esc dcha 6B
37002 Salamanca
España Spain
telefono casa 923 27 10 82 movil 650 52 54 58
To call from the US dial    9:00 am Pacific US   =
home 011 34 923 271 082    12:00 noon Eastern US =
cell 011 34 650 525 458     6:00 pm Spain