ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: Task missing method ? Write an ant project to disk ?
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:16:03 GMT
Erik wrote:

> Well, just my personal take on your skills demo project,
> if I was interviewing someone that had reinvented the
> wheel you can bet I'd quiz them on the "why" pretty
> heavily!  :)

Too true. Most development requires working with someone else's code. The
ability to make meaningful contributions to an existing project is far more
significant than writing from scratch. Furthermore, a contribution made to
an existing project is more likely to be used and code in use is
significantly more impressive than a personal project.

Olivier, your contributions to an Ant IDE could be very helpful indeed. I
wish you the best of success both in this project and in your search for
employment.

Regards,

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer