ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: Recommendations for Ant talk?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:13:34 GMT
Joe,

It might be worth while to mention the use of entity includes for large
builds and perhaps how to parameterize a target for use with ant/antcall.

It may also be helpful to help your audience begin thinking in terms of
dependencies which, for people used to thinking procedurally, may seem a
little backwards. In my experience, ant beginners struggle with this and
tend to use antcalls where they should be using depends.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
319-354-9200x6214
shacjo@ncs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kueser, Joe [mailto:JOSEPH.S.KUESER@saic.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 8:07 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Recommendations for Ant talk?

I have been asked to give a presentation to a local Java Users' Group.  They
have asked me to talk about Ant.

I am looking for information about Ant, and its use, that can't be found on
Ant's web site.

Do you have any "unusual" way of using Ant?  Any advanced techniques that
others might be interested in?  Any special ways you integrate it into your
build process?

Basically anything that others might find interesting would be appreciated.
I have to talk about Ant for about an hour, which won't be easy ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Joe