ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: documentation feedback - Capitalized task names
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:07:01 GMT
Steve,

> I issues with XML spy, even if I do use it
>    -why are all the views so hard to work with
>    -why does its SOAP debug only work if you can go online to resolve some
of the well known soap DTDs.

Agreed. XML Spy has, IMHO, some serious shortcomings. I find it frustrating
that it cannot deal with entities intelligently, i.e. there is no way to
tell the IDE that a particular entity file is an include in such and such an
XML doc and I want to use that parent doc's DTD.

Just playing with Eclipse again (I love Eclipse!) and thinking... Wouldn't
it be cool to build a solid Ant specific XML editor for Eclipse? Ah, if only
one could support himself pursuing all of those great ideas one has...

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.