ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Batch filtering using properties?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:21:45 GMT
--- Vincent Massol <vmassol@octo.com> wrote:
> I simply want to have a properties file containing properties and
> values. For ex:
>
> my.properties1 = value1
> my.properties2 = value2
> [...]
>
> Then I would like my build.xml to read that and create as many filters
> as there are properties in the file (with same name and same value). BUT
> the values the properties values could be overwritten by the user let's
> say by using -Dmy.properties1=newvalue1 on the command line.

Only thing that comes to mind is to <echoproperties> out to a file, then
<filterset>/<filtersfile> that file. (If you're twitchy about echoing out
all your properties, which <echoproperties> will do, then use
<propertyfile> with the specific properties you want [to become filters]
to go into the file.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)