ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Recommendations for Ant talk?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:24:23 GMT
I had to give an hour long talk on ant and our build process.  For an
hour long talk I would focus on how ant can do practically anything.

Our build process, for instance, gets and labels files in PVCS, Does a
token replace on one of the pages to indicate the build to the user,
builds the web application, starts and stops the application server
(using Telnet), and deploys the app (using FTP).

By starting off with the basics of XML and simple ant commands (like
compiling a java file) and moving to more topics like executing other
programs,  you will gain their interest.  When I moved to the advanced
topics like FTP and Telnet,  my audience was just blown away.

--Jim

--- "Buonassisi, Vincent" <vbuona01@sprintspectrum.com> wrote:
> have tried looking at:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/resources.html
>
> there are some powerpoint presentations at the bottom of the page as
> well as
> articles on ant.
>
> cheers,

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and
I am trusting himů"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)