ant-user mailing list archives

From "Edward Zarecor" <edward_zare...@harvard.edu>
Subject gunzip problem with ant 1.4.1
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:40:01 GMT
I'm getting the following message from ant when trying to gunzip a .tar.gz
file:

 Problem expanding gzip Not in GZIP format.

However, when I attempt to expand the same file from the command line --
solaris 8 --, it expands without problem.

A simple enough work around has been to use <exec>.  However, this is taking
an inordinate amount of time.  An archive that gunzips in 30 seconds from
the command line is taking an hour to gunzip from ant.  An archive that
gunzips in 5 minutes from the command line is taking many hours.

Anyone have any ideas here.  Thanks in advance.

Ed.