ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Hollander>
Subject Re: Ant and scp/ssh
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 06:23:49 GMT
On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 20:03, Steve Loughran wrote:
> If you have the private keys on a system you've put a chink in the security,
> and if you have that system running build files from SCM, then you have to
> stop the SCM from being compromised too. But that latter problem exists with
> all server side projects, to a greater or lesser extent.

Not true.  Ssh allows us to define per-key restrictions.  I can set it
up so that a certain key can only be used to execute one particular
command and only when it is used from one particular ip address.  That
is quite safe.  It is a good protocol from this perspective.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message