ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <scott_ellswo...@alumni.hmc.edu>
Subject diff on win and unix in any task, optional or not?
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 18:09:02 GMT
Hi, all.

I have a task that processes a file in all sorts of ways, then does a
transformation.  The very best way to know if the file is up to date
would be to save the last one I generated, and then to run the (several
minute) generation task only if the current transformed file and the
last one are the same.

So, is there any task out there that will do a simple file diff,
setting a property if the files differ?  I looked in core tasks, but
did not see one.

One caveat - it _must_ work with a standard ant install on both Windows
and Linux, but I can add jars and taskdefs to a special "third party"
libs dir so anything in pure Java is a-ok.

Scott