ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kervin, Stephen" <Stephen_Ker...@jdedwards.com>
Subject RE: Adding a directory of jars to the classpath
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:59:03 GMT
Cant think of a better way off hand. Looks good.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Tomcat [mailto:tomcat@mobile.mp]
Sent: 05 September 2002 10:16
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Adding a directory of jars to the classpath

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 23:02, Kervin, Stephen wrote:
> We use a "lib" folder. But unfortunatly you still need to specify each jar
> seperataly on the class path, I have not seen a way to java to recursive a
> directory looking for jars. I tend to use a classpath from a
> paths.properties file this way it is easily configurable and updateable.

This is what I'm using for now:

  <target name="compile" depends="prepare" description="Compiles all
source code.">
    <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.classes}"
excludes="**/old/*">
      <classpath>
        <fileset dir="${applibs}">
	  <include name="**/*.jar"/>
	</fileset>
      </classpath>
    </javarc>
  </target>

It grabs all the jars in ${applibs}.  I can then set up my deploy target
to copy those jars over to webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/libs if they change and
I should be set, right?  Is this the best way to do this?