ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kervin, Stephen" <Stephen_Ker...@jdedwards.com>
Subject RE: Adding a directory of jars to the classpath
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:02:48 GMT
Hi

We use a "lib" folder. But unfortunatly you still need to specify each jar
seperataly on the class path, I have not seen a way to java to recursive a
directory looking for jars. I tend to use a classpath from a
paths.properties file this way it is easily configurable and updateable.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Tomcat [mailto:tomcat@mobile.mp]
Sent: 05 September 2002 10:02
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Adding a directory of jars to the classpath

I am using ant to manage a big Servlet project.  I have quite a few jars
which some files need, and others don't.  What is the right place to put
these jars?  Should I create a /libs directory in my project, and then
add all these jars to the classpath in the compile target?  Is there a
standard way to handle this?

Thanks!