ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Batch filtering using properties?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:20:53 GMT
Hi John,

Thanks for the idea. If I understand what you say, I would need 2
properties file:

- one containing entries like:

my.property1 = default value1
my.property2 = default value2

- another containing entries like:

my.property1 = ${my.property1}
my.property2 = ${my.property2}

Then, I would write

<properties file="first file"/>
<filter filtersfile="second file"/>

What I may not have said is that I want to allow users to override the
values of my.propertyN.

This looks a bit too complex to me (having to maintain 2 files).

Am I missing something?

Thanks
-Vincent

I'm
> not
> missing anything and whether it is not already possible to do this
without
> resorting to a custom task.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent