ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Re[2]: Telnet and tar -xvf
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:22:38 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyndon Samson" <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 10:54 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Telnet and tar -xvf

> Hello Julia,
> Have you tried putting all the commands in one shell script and just
> using the telnet task to execute that script?
> This might help in diagnosing the problem.
> cheers
> lyndon

or go one step further: put the commands in an ant script and run it
remotely using telnet.

if you d/l the sample code from java-dev-w-ant, we use this trick with a
fairly convoluted process, I think its webapp/newdeploy where the work
begins. I fear you'll need the book to understand its whole complexity
because we
-use a per-server properties file to list family of app server, ftp username
and password &C
-have a per-app-server deployment build file to run at the far end
-upload the app-server specific deployment build file to the server (ftp)
-run it (telnet).
there is some stuff on setting up unix and dos prompts for reliability; '>'
is too common  in output of apps to work.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message