ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: documentation feedback - Capitalized task names
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:11:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shackelford, John-Mason" <ShacJo@ncs.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 7:30 AM
Subject: RE: documentation feedback - Capitalized task names

> Capitalization is also a problem in attribute names which are mixed case,
> though the DTD created by ant makes them all lower case.

ant is case insensitive in attr names; it is just the DTD that fusses. But
if we have a task to create a DTD we should be consistent in the docs.
Patches accepted ...

>An XML IDE like XML Spy will then consider a working build file to be
invalid.

I issues with XML spy, even if I do use it
    -why are all the views so hard to work with
    -why does its SOAP debug only work if you can go online to resolve some
of the well known soap DTDs.