ant-user mailing list archives

From George McKinney <gh...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: "Unclosed comment" error with jdk1.4.1 while compiling
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 00:07:26 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: "Unclosed comment" error with jdk1.4.1 while compiling

> Zabel, Ian wrote:
> > When I compile our code with the javac task in Ant 1.5 or 1.5.1beta,
while
> > running with jdk1.4.1 RC, I get compile errors saying that we have
unclosed
> > comments at the end of our classes.
> >
> > Our classes end like this:
> >
> > class OurClass
> > {
> >
> > } // end OurClass
> > // end OurClass.java
> >

> > Ian Zabel
> > Cirqit.com

I seem to recall a comment in the 1.4.1RC that the if last line of a file no
EOL it will cause problems (though I can't find that note now), and I've run
into a similar problem elsewhere.

Could that be the case?
George McKinney
ghmck@shaw.ca

An experienced developer knows that it is seldom wise to
prefix a demonstration with anything more predictive than
"Watch this" - unless there is a good test suite in place.