ant-user mailing list archives

From "Klara Ward" <>
Subject Re: using the ftp task in ant via java not working
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:18:00 GMT
Well, obviuosly I had to set the classpath specifically java
(with -classpath)..), ant looks at the CLASSPATH but java doesn't (right)
How very smart of me..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klara Ward" <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 4:13 PM
Subject: using the ftp task in ant via java not working

I tried to run an ant script from java that uses the ftp task and I got:
file:k:/rockit/qa/AutomationFramework/tests/install/install.xml:16: Could
not create task or type of type: ftp.

when I use ant outside java with the same ant-file it works fine.
I had to have NetComponents.jar in my CLASSPATH to get this to work,
I tried putting in ANT_HOME/lib to get ant through java to work, but that
didn't help.

Do I have to set the CLASSPATH some other way when running it with java?

I use ant1.5.1b

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message