ant-user mailing list archives

From "ion" <vnhu38...@subdimension.com>
Subject Running Ant from Java
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:03:15 GMT
I have written a number of Ant 'functions' like this:

-----------
<project name="buildhtml" default="buildhtml">
  <!-- PARAMETERS
    item      - The identification name of the item.
    inputdir  - The directory where the item's source xml is located.
    outputdir - The directory where one desires the output html to go.
    graphics.prefix - The prefix to where callout graphics and admonitions
are located, e.g (../../)
  -->
  <target name="buildhtml" description="Builds HTML output for an item">
    <!-- Load in properties -->
    <loadproperties srcFile="ant.properties"/>
    <available file="${inputdir}/files" type="dir"
property="files.available"/>

    <antcall target="copyfiles"/>

    <exec executable="java">
    </exec>

    <copy file="${inputdir}/${item}.xml" tofile="${outputdir}/${item}.xml"/>
  </target>

  <target name="copyfiles" if="files.available" description="Copies needed
files">
    <echo>Copying required files for ${item} from ${inputdir} to
${outputdir}</echo>
    <copy todir="${outputdir}/files"><fileset
dir="${inputdir}/files"/></copy>
  </target>
</project>
-----------

I would like to call them from Java programs by simply setting the
properties
that correspond to the parameters mentioned at the top.

I have been messing around trying to do this for a few hours now and it is
doing my head in, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I preferably want the output from the programs to goto stdout and stderr
as normal. I want to do something like this:

Ant ant = new Ant();
ant.setProperty("item", "blahblah");
ant.setProperty("inputdir", "blahblah");
ant.setProperty("outputdir", "blahblah");
ant.setAntfile("buildhtml.xml");
ant.execute();

from within a Java program and have program control return to the line
after the call to the ant file.

Regards

[[[']]]
| ion |