ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: <httppost> works to submit SOAP
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:04:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg 'Cosmo' Haun" <GHaun@cenquest.com>
To: "'Ant Users List '" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 4:56 PM
Subject: <httppost> works to submit SOAP

> I was pleased to find that the <httppost> task works "out of the box" to
> submit SOAP requests.  E.g.
>
> <httppost url="http://api.google.com/search/beta2"
> dest="out/Googleresult.xml"
>         uploadFile="googlerequest.xml"
>         contentType="text/xml"/>
>
> where googlerequest.xml is one the soap-samples in the googleapi kit (with
> google user-key inserted).

yeah it mostly works fine, but if we introd it as is then people would get
upset when a fixed build required httpclient

> I hope someone has the expertise to fix up this task for reinsertion into
> the main tree.

In a parallel universe when I had free time I'd do it.

google uses axis BTW; the next version of axis will handle get requests:

endpoint?method=method&param=something&param=something%20else