ant-user mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: DTD?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 05:00:41 GMT
You should be able to build the base schema (in the generic W3C XML Schema,
Relax NG, etc) for ant autonatically from the proposal/xdocs/build/gen
files.  I've got a decent start on an XSLT transform that will generate an
XML Schema.

The only problem would be that XML Schema would not validate user-added
tasks since they would be in the same (lack of) namespace as the rest of the
build file.  That could be addressed, if Ant would tolerate "xmlns"
attribute on any task instead of raising a BuildException with the 'task
doesn't support the "xmlns" attribute' message.  That would allow a task to
except itself from schema validation by explicitly stating a namespace, but
would not have any other effect.