ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Telnet and tar -xvf
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:48:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vaughn, Julia" <Julia.Vaughn@cingular.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: Telnet and tar -xvf

> I have tried that as well as unzip -of. I believe it's a bug in the telnet
> task. I am responsible for automating ~20 java apps (build and deployment)
> and I see similar things with every build file. If I nohup the tar and
sleep
> 60, then it works fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

I usually remote deploy by using jar -xvf, never hit problems. But I do set
the prompt at the far end.

Are you making sure that you wait for a response after making the tar call?
the nohup hints implies you need to keep it running after the task
exits...if there isnt a <read> at the end the task exits without waiting for
tar to finish.