ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Christmann" <p...@priorartisans.com>
Subject xmlproperty usage
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:24:05 GMT
Is there any task similar to xmlproperty that would support describing
the property "type"?  For example, I'd like to be able to specify in a
properties file a bunch of directories as location properties.  Right
now, I specify locations as properties in a .properties file, then
declare a corresponding location property in my build file.

  <property file="build.properties"/>
  <property name="build.loc" location="${build.dir}"/>

Instead, I'd like to be able to have a properties file that looked
someting like this:

<properties>
  <property name="build.loc" location="build"/>
</properties>

This way, in a single properties file I can define my location
properties, rather than having to restate them in my build.xml file.
(I'd also want to support things like refid="..." to allow the
properties file to declare and reuse path definitions).

Is anyone aware of a task that provides this type of capability?  Is
there a way of doing comparable things with existing tools?

PC

Paul Christmann
Prior Artisans
504-587-9072