ant-user mailing list archives

From "Damon Hill" <Damon.H...@wnco.com>
Subject Re: JUnit and the GUI interface
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:15:18 GMT
Thanks Erik.

Hope I didn't come off as indifferent to your response. It was just a
generic question.

thanks,

M Damon Hill
Integrator : TURBO/Jets
Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
is a house." - Henri Poincare

>>> jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com 08/12/02 08:09AM >>>
No, <junit> cannot - its designed for automated GUI-less runs and would

not really be appropriate for it to display the GUI.

	Erik

Damon Hill wrote:
> Thanks. I already knew this and was just curious if the <junit> task
had
> a particular
> function in it to do this without having to call the <java> task.
>
> cheers,
>
> M Damon Hill
> Integrator : TURBO/Jets
> Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
> "Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
> an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
> is a house." - Henri Poincare

> Look at the <java> task.  You can launch JUnit's GUI clients from Ant

> using it.
>
> Damon Hill wrote:
>
>>When I mean the "external running of the JUnit GUI Client, I am
>>referring to the command on www.junit.org
>>junit.swingui.TestRunner. It brings up a GUI client, allows you to
>>select a class and then run that particular
>>test class.
>>
>>does this make a little more sense?
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>>M Damon Hill
>>Integrator : TURBO/Jets
>>Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
>>"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
>>an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
>>is a house." - Henri Poincare

>>Damon:
>>
>>could you clarify what you mean by
>>"external running of the Junit GUI Client"??
>>Thanks,
>>

>>Martin Gainty

>>Disclaimer and confidentiality note
>>
>>Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the
>
> official
>
>>business of Laconia Data Systems (LDS) is proprietary to the
company.

> It
>
>>is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. LDS does
>
> not
>
>>own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of
>
> the
>
>>sender unless clearly stated as being that of LDS.
>>
>>The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient.
>>Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally
>
> reached
>
>>you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way.
>>

>>LDS can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been
>>maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or
>>interference.

>>>From: "Damon Hill"
>>>Subject: JUnit and the GUI interface
>>>Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:48:05 -0500
>>
>>mc1-f34.law16.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.4905);
Sat,