ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject RE: DTDs, local and remote
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:00:17 GMT
>>> gene@rockhoppertech.com 08/06/02 01:13PM >>>
What precisely are you going to gain by changing them to local
versions? Are
you trying to use <xmlvalidate> and it breaks? One answer is to use a
catalog if that is the case.

The problem is not really with Ant, but some of our other tools.  For
example, XML Spy uses the DTD for auto-complete, and can validate
against a DTD through a firewall (unless the reference is broken, which
is how we found out when Sun moved the DTD).  That's why I prefaced my
original e-mail with the disclaimer that this might not be the best
list.  It's less an Ant question, more a J2EE development environment
best practices question.

Kyle