ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: DTDs, local and remote
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:36:22 GMT
> By sticking to the correct descriptors, you won't have problems when
> your code has to built in some other environment. Also, I guess there

> may be issues with some tools that process the descriptors and
attempt
> to recognize the descriptor based on its DTD ref.

One thing I forgot to note - the applications being developed are
internal
enterprise applications only.  We're a food service company, not a
software development house :-)  So it's extremely unlikely that these
applications would be built in another environment.

It's more likely that our environment would change, perhaps switching
to some tool that recognizes DD by their DTD refs.  But that still
leaves
us vulnerable when an outside entity decides to change/move the
DTD we're reliable on.  Essentially we have no service agreements with

Sun or our application server vendor in regards to DTDs, but changes
they make could affect applications in production.  That thought is the

driver behind this push to changed the references.

Kyle