ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <>
Subject DTDs, local and remote
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:08:56 GMT
I'm not sure the ant-user list is the best place for this question - if
knows of a better list, feel free to speak up.  Anyhow, there has been
grumbling from our developers about the DTDs for our deployment
descriptors.  Specifically, when Sun moved to , we got some inquiries along
lines of, "Why don't we just change all of our DTDs to point to a local
on our intranet?"

I'm a bit leery about changing something as basic as the DOCTYPE of a
deployment descriptor to something non-standard, but it would be nice
not be subject to the whims of Sun.

We already have DTDs (stored in CVS) on our developers machines for
the <ejbjar> task and its nested <DTD> element.  It would be a simple
enough matter to just permanently change the DTDs to be relative
to these local DTDs.

So what are your thoughts?  Is this a train wreck waiting to happen, or
another way to make our developers lives easier?

Kyle Adams
Java Developer and Senior Ant Herder
Gordon Food Service

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>