ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject DTDs, local and remote
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:08:56 GMT
I'm not sure the ant-user list is the best place for this question - if
someone
knows of a better list, feel free to speak up.  Anyhow, there has been
some
grumbling from our developers about the DTDs for our deployment
descriptors.  Specifically, when Sun moved
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd to
http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd , we got some inquiries along
the
lines of, "Why don't we just change all of our DTDs to point to a local
file
on our intranet?"

I'm a bit leery about changing something as basic as the DOCTYPE of a
deployment descriptor to something non-standard, but it would be nice
not be subject to the whims of Sun.

We already have DTDs (stored in CVS) on our developers machines for
the <ejbjar> task and its nested <DTD> element.  It would be a simple
enough matter to just permanently change the DTDs to be relative
pointers
to these local DTDs.

So what are your thoughts?  Is this a train wreck waiting to happen, or
just
another way to make our developers lives easier?

Thanks,

Kyle Adams
Java Developer and Senior Ant Herder
Gordon Food Service