ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Problem updating jar-file
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:53:09 GMT

Hi !

I'm new to this group, and I apologize if this is a well known problem that
has been asked 1000 times before...however, I have searched the faq, google
and the ant mail-archive with no luck, so now I'm sending the question to
you guys!

I have been using Ant (happily, I may add) for almost a year. I'm currently
using Ant 1.5 and ClearCase 4.2.

Recently, I have had problems getting new versions of my jar-files built
correctly. The compile-target compiles changed java-files correctly, but
the jar-target does not do anything! cccheckout works properly. Then, when
I use -verbose, I can see that Ant says that all the files are omitted, as
the class-files have not changed. Then cccheckin works as supposed, and I
have a new jar-file identical to the one before the build started. The
basedir is correct, so the jar-target should "see" the same class-files as
the compile-target has generated.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but I *think*
that the problem came after the configuration managers moved the ClearCase
repository to another server. If I delete the jar-file I force the
jar-target to create a new one, and then everything works, but I don't like
this solution...

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this one !!

Espen Sletteng
Storebrand ASA

espen sletteng, architect, +47 934 80 924,,
storebrand asa, filipstad brygge 1, 1380 vika, 0114 oslo, norway

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message