ant-user mailing list archives

From Jakub.Vale...@Deio.net
Subject How to kill a task started from ant?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:20:02 GMT
Hi all,

I need (would like to) to start JBoss in from my build file, and then kill
it so that the rest of build file can be performed. Follows snippet of the
build file where I start the JBoss and
in parallel (with some delay) I start other application.

<parallel>
      <echo message="Starting JBoss."/>
      <exec dir="${project.jbosshome.dir}\bin"
executable="${project.jbosshome.dir}\bin\run.bat" timeout="150000"/>

      <sequential>
        <echo message="Wating for JBoss to start."/>
        <sleep seconds="50"/>
        <echo message="Starting XSLTCreator."/>
        <exec dir="${xsltCreator.dir}"
executable="${xsltCreator.dir}\run.bat">
          <arg line="e:\temp\xslt" />
        </exec>
      </sequential>
    </parallel>

The problem is that the tasks which are after this are never executed,
since the JBoss never quits. Is there any way out? I could run them in yet
another thread but I am not sure that that's the right way to do it.

Br,

Jakub