ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject RE: peculiar problem with zip task.
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:58:40 GMT
It looks (to my untrained ears) as though its not the same file at all, but
its some kind of CVS log dump, maybe otherwise hidden, and
the different extension might be a way your CVS client dumps files, though
its pretty unlikely (usually .#, or ~)
In any case if your problem is just that its being included, cant you
exclude samplePriceMDF.txtv as well?

Otherwise are you doing any CVS stuff elsewhere?
It might be an idea just before the <zip> task to dump the directory (e.g.
using <exec executable="ls" ... ) including all hidden files
just so you can ensure for your sanity's sake that it doesn't exist.
Otherwise my first hunch would be that it does exist as a separate
file at this time, and the <zip> task below is working entirely properly.

Cheers
-Geoff

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Rosmon_Sidhik@i2.com [mailto:Rosmon_Sidhik@i2.com]
  Sent: 09 August 2002 01:58 PM
  To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: peculiar problem with zip task.

  Hi all,
  This is a problem I'm facing while using ant1.4.1 on a hp-11.00
  machine.
  The part of the build.xml which is giving me a problem is :

     <target name="batchuploadFiles">
          <zip zipfile="${dist-war}/batchUploadFiles.zip" compress="false">
                  <zipfileset
dir="${src}/com/i2/cx/servers/batchupload/client"
                  excludes="sampleMDF.txt, SamplePriceMDF.txt, Catalog*.xml"
                  />
                  <zipfileset dir="${src}/com/i2/cx/servers/batchupload/dtd"
                  excludes="itemload.dtd"
                  />
                  <zipfileset dir="${build}/cx"
                  includes="*.class"
                  />
          </zip>
     </target>

  The file SamplePriceMDF.txt which has been given in the excludes attribute
  get's modified to "SamplePriceMDF.txt,v" and gets included in the zip.
  This is pretty crazy. I've tried all that i could to see what has
happened, but to no avail.
  I'm attaching the files also with this mail.
  See the difference in the files. My only requirement is to avoid this file
included in the
  zip.
  Please lemme know if any of you gurus have any idea.
  Thanks,
  Rosmon