ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject RE: Moving a set of directories.
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:19:52 GMT
Hi Joyce,

this looks like a bug to me. Unless this has been resolved in 1.5release,
although nothing was ever logged against previous versions of ANT
(checking the bug database). It looks like the only way to physically
move a whole directory is to say:

<move todir="new.dir.name">
  <fileset dir="old.dir.name"
           defaultexcludes="no">
    <include name="**/*.*"/>
  </fileset>
</move>

(the include is not needed in this case)

I'm sure this was not what was originally intended. I think in your
example you should be able to do:

<move todir="new.dir.name" includeEmptyDirs="true">
  <fileset dir="old.dir.name"
           defaultexcludes="no">
    <include name="dir1/**/*.*"/>
    <include name="dir1"/>
  </fileset>
</move>

and that should move the empty directory dir1, which it doesn't.
Has this been resolved in ANT1.5? Opinions people?

Cheers
-Geoff