ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject RE: Problem with default values
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:07:39 GMT
Well Im not sure what you're trying to do, but this is what I'd expect to
get from your code

your property file is defined as ${EllaRootBaseDir}/${my_prop_file}

but my_prop_file is defined as ${EllaRootBaseDir}/default.properties

so your property file is actually defined as:
${EllaRootBaseDir}/${EllaRootBaseDir}/default.properties

which will explain the duplication.

you probably want to have a look at <condition> and <isset> for defaults:

i.e. suppose you pass -Dmyfile=some-file-on-your-HD

then you can set a default file if myfile fails the <isset> condition

something like:
<condition property="final_file" value="${myfile}">
  <isset property="myfile"/>
</condition>
<condition property="final_file" value="some-default-file">
  <not>
    <isset property="myfile"/>
  </not>
</condition>

(I may have got the syntax for isset wrong, I cant find it in my docs)

Hope this is of some help anywayz

-Geoff