ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Krygowski" <james.krygow...@shaws.com>
Subject Junit Task, VerifyError, Log4J LogManager
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:33:23 GMT
Hi All-

I've got a suite of JUnit tests that I'd like to run in Ant using the JUNIT
task.  I've set up the task and it does run all my tests, however, any tests
that include Log4J fail with the following (output from the Ant Junit
Report):

Testcase: testGetInstanceOfFactory took 0.24 sec
	Caused an ERROR
(class: org/apache/log4j/LogManager, method: <clinit> signature: ()V)
Incompatible argument to function
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/log4j/LogManager, method: <clinit>
signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function

If I run the same tests outside of Ant they run just fine.  I've checked my
classpath and there is only one instance of the Log4J jar on the classpath.
The classpath being used by Ant is identical to the classpath in the IDE I'm
using to run the unit tests.

Is this some kind of strange Ant class loader issue?  Does anyone have a
suggestion for fixing this?

thanks,

jk