ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Krygowski" <james.krygow...@shaws.com>
Subject RE: Junit Task, VerifyError, Log4J LogManager
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:24:23 GMT
Ok- so I rebuilt the ant and optional jars and still the problem persists.
The funny part is that all the verify errors occur for classes in the ant
jar.  **AND** the verify errors only occur if the optional jar is in the
idea/lib directory!  The first verify error came with EmailTask.  I don't
refer to that task anywhere in my build script.  As an experiment, I deleted
the EmailTask from the jar.  Unfortunately, the AbstractCVSTask now fails to
Verify.

This is a totally perplexing problem.  It seems like some kind of freaky
class loader issue, but, when I put the ant 1.4 optional jar into the
idea/lib directory, everything works fine (the sad thing is that this was
all prompted by the fact that the optional junit task in 1.4 seemed to be
having problems with verifying Log4J).  Which would make me think that I
screwed up and had a 1.4 Ant jar in there all along.  However, I've gone
through it several times and I have in fact, put a 1.5 jar.

This whole thing seems like it ought to be very simple.  What could IDEA be
doing to screw this up??

Tests"

I've